Since 1955, The Adirondack Store & Gallery has celebrated the spirit of the great north woods with the finest gifts, home accessories, furniture, and interior design services in the rustic but elegant Adirondack style. The store started its illustrious history in Ray Brook, NY before moving to Lake Placid, NY in 1984. The store also expanded to New Canaan, CT in 1995 and became a beloved presence in the community until the owners decided to re-focus their business in Lake Placid in 2009.
The current owners Stephen Dori-Shin and Christopher English took over the business in 2016 and breathed new life into the store. They combined their decade-long experiences as antique dealers with the time-tested style of the Adirondacks to bring a fresh, modern aesthetic to the store. The flagship store in Lake Placid, NY was updated and expanded, and a second location in Tupper Lake, NY opened in summer 2019.
A return to New Canaan is expected in spring 2020 and will bring all the familiar and elegant merchandise back to New Canaan, along with a full interior design studio and specialty coffee & tea bar.